For the 2017-2018 school year, the Morris Hills Regional District will make up to 15 seats available (depending on availability) district-wide for incoming freshmen residing in one of the four sending districts (Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township, and Wharton) who wish to transfer to Morris Hills or Morris Knolls. The program is not available for students who already attend Morris Hills or Morris Knolls.
- Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to apply for one of these "choice" seats.
- In order to apply, students and parents/guardians must fill out the In-District Lottery application (will be available on the left on March 1, 2017) and return it to the Board office no later than April 1st (receipt date, not a postmark date) of their eighth grade year.
- If more students apply than there are seats available, a lottery will be conducted to determine which applicants will receive the available seats and which will be placed on a rank-ordered wait list.
- If fewer applicants apply than there are seats available, those seats will remain available on a first-come, first-serve basis until September 30th of the freshman year; as of October 1st, those seats will no longer be available.
- Students who opt to accept the school choice offer will not be able to return to the high school designated by their residence. Therefore, families should carefully weigh all considerations before deciding to accept a choice seat.
For more information on the District Lottery Program, please contact:
Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction