In 2010, Governor Christie signed into law the School Choice Act, which permits public school students to attend public schools outside their resident district. Morris Hills Regional District was approved to accept students from out of district in 2011.
- Students who have attended their local public school for the entire prior academic year are eligible to apply for School Choice.
- Parochial/private school students, home-schooled students, and students attending choice programs in other districts may be considered, depending upon space availability after eligible Tier 1 public school students have completed the application process.
- Students who live within 20 miles of Morris Hills Regional can obtain either transportation or aid-in-lieu from their resident district.Decisions about transportation are made solely by the resident district.
- Parents are responsible for transporting students who live over 20 miles from Morris Hills Regional.
- There are no tuition costs associated with School Choice.
General Information: The deadline for Fall 2017 has passed. We are no longer accepting applications for 2017-18. Applications and information for Fall 2018 entry will be posted in late August/early September 2017.
Information Sessions for Students Entering in the 2017-2018 School Year:
- Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7 PM in the Morris Knolls High School Auditorium, 50 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 7 PM in the Morris Hills High School Auditorium, 520 W. Main St., Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Both sessions are identical and will provide information on School Choice, the Magnet Program, and the IB Program.
For more information on the Out-of-District Choice Program, please contact:
Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction